The Raiload was the major source of transportation beginning 1845 through Bradford County Pa. The Northern Central railroad was a major factor in improving trade of butter, cattle, wheat, tanned goods and lumber from Troy, Pa. There were stations in Canton, Alba, Troy, and Fassett before crossing over into New York State.
The Northern Central Railroad ran from Williamsport, Pa to Elmira, NY. It was built along the State road which was one of the first roads built in this part of the Pennsylvania.
There were other railroad lines that went through our area as well. The towns of New Albany, Towanda, Milan, Ulster, and Sayre Pennsylvania all had stops for their train. They were serviced by the Lehigh Valley Railroad and the S&NY railroad.